Monday, 27 May 2013

I haven't been informed yet about how the incident has affected production, but I can assure Egger that our business team will be available if help is required."

Last Nights fire at the Egger plant in Hexham proved to the newly installed Labour Council in County Hall that their fire brigade and its emergency plans for handling incidents of this sort are sound.

The fire broke out at about 10:30pm on Sunday and at one point 60 firefighters from Northumberland and surrounding brigades attended the incident, the cause of which has not yet been identified.

500 people work at the timber product plant. Leader of the Council Grant Davey said: " I am pleased that no firefighters or employees of Egger have been injured during the incident. I expect to be fully briefed by Chief Bennett on Tuesday morning about the matter. I'd like to thank all of our firefighters and those from neighbouring brigades for the professional way in which this incident was handled." " I haven't been informed yet about how the incident has affected production, but I can assure Egger that our business team will be available if help is required."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.